Dr. Anthony Reeves, Dr. Giles O’Neill & Dr. Raymond Rowan Merged to Form Athy Medical, Centric Health
We are pleased to inform our patients that Dr. Anthony Reeves, Dr. Giles O’Neill & Dr. Raymond Rowan have fully merged at our newly refurbished location on the Carlow Road, Athy (Eircode R14 X672).
We hope you will find the following information helpful in answering some questions you may have.
Why are you merging practices?
Centric Health offers standards of excellence in Primary Care. We believe that the best way to continue to offer our patients an innovative, sustainable, quality service into the future is to merge our practices.
What does the merger mean for patients of Dr. Anthony Reeves?
· Continuity of care with same GP and nursing team.
· Change in location in the coming months to the former Medical Centre (formerly the location of Barrow View Medical) on the Carlow Road, Athy. This facility will be totally refurbished and is a spacious purpose-built premises.
· The new location has wheelchair accessible rooms.
· Ample parking for up to 22 cars.
· Joining a wider team of nurses and support team members including Dr. Giles O’Neill and Dr. Raymond Rowan.
How will this merger affect my care?
· You can continue to attend Dr. Reeves and his nursing team.
· There will be no reduction in services or appointments.
· We will be introducing the HSE promoted Cycle of Care Programme for Chronic Disease Management in the community.
Can I still see my usual GP or Nurse?
Yes, you can still see Dr. Anthony Reeves or Nurse Ann and Nurse Claire.
Do I need to re-register with my GP?
You will not need to do anything; the partnership has no effect on your registration and your entitlement. However, new patients or patients that have not completed our new registration forms will still be asked to complete these.
Would I have to stay with the merged practice?
No, if you do not wish to remain with the merged practice you are free at any time to register with another GP practice of your choosing. We can arrange for your files to be securely forwarded to your new GP.
How are you planning to keep patients informed of the progress of the merger?
Updates will be available in the form of posters in the waiting room or speak to a member of our staff.